It’s Friday, guys. Totally a YAY day! So basically, it’s not just Friday… it’s FriYAY! Today’s FriYAY is no disappointment because it brings you the second installment of It’s Friday I’m in Love!
I introduced you guys to this super fun series a few weeks back. If you missed that post and want to catch up, you can check it out here.
Basically, this is how it works:
- On random Fridays, you’ll get to learn all about my current faves. I say random Fridays because who knows when this little blog series will show up in your inbox or on socials. Because life is crazy. I won’t promise every week or even every other week. I will, however, shoot for at least once a month.
- On whatever random Friday I choose, I’ll share my current faves with you. The sky is the limit here, guys. Y’all know how I love all the random stuff. My Friday faves could be books, music, tv shows, recipes, whatever. Silly. Serious. Random. Not so random. Who knows what will show up on my list. But you can always count on one thing – I’ll only share the best of the best with you!
- I need you to chime in! Comment on here or on social media and let me know what your current favorites are! Because as much as I love telling people about all my favorites, I love learning about all my people’s favorites!
Today’s faves are GOOD, y’all. GOOD. You’re definitely gonna want to check the
This album released a few weeks ago, and I literally listened to it on repeat for well over a week. Like I listened to nothing else. At all. It’s that good. It’s one of those albums that met me exactly where I was the week it came out. It ministered to me in ways that I can barely even put into words. In Brian and Jenn’s own words, After All These Years is “a reflective look back on God’s faithfulness and a hopeful looking ahead.” And that’s basically what it’s been for me – a reminder of God’s faithfulness in the past, present, and future.
Brian and Jenn have always been such amazing songwriters, and this album is no exception. They’ve crafted an album with both honest and surprising lyrics, driving melodies, and gorgeous harmonies all blended together within full orchestral arrangements. GORGEOUS, guys. Just simply gorgeous. One of my favorite things about this album is that it is a good mix of intimate worship songs and anthems that could totally hold their own in a congregational setting. A couple of my favorite tracks are Gravity, You’re Gonna Be OK, Only Jesus, and After All These Years. But honestly, I love them all.
You can check out more about the album on their website!
Hurry! RUN! Go download it from iTunes here!
TWO // Love Songs of the Decades Valentine’s Day Lip Sync
This week was all about the LOVE! Valentine’s Day has always been a favorite of mine – even though I’m perpetually single. I love all things love. And even though I love all things love, I’m not gonna lie. The fact that this year’s Heart Day fell on Taco Tuesday made it even sweeter and had me all up in my feels! I took myself out for tacos and ended Valentine’s Day with a full heart AND a full belly!
One day this week, I stumbled across this video this week on Facebook and loved it! All the best love songs lip synced to perfection! Kristin and Danny are hilarious, and I’m totally loving their videos on Facebook! Best part? They love Jesus! Go take a second and like their Facebook page!
THREE // You Are Free by Rebekah Lyons
I absolutely love when books that share a common theme come out within months of each other. That’s a total neon flashing sign that Holy Spirit is up to something. Right now, there’s a huge stirring in the Body for people to get set free. When we are truly free – when we are living and moving and walking in the freedom that is our divine birthright as sons and daughters of the King – we are able to help others get set free. Freedom begets freedom. That’s what You Are Free is really all about.
I’ve had the privilege of being on the launch team for this book, and it has rocked my world. I read the whole thing within a couple days back in December when all I had was a PDF of the book. Guys. That’s huge. I hate to read books in PDF or electronic form. I like a physical book that I can mark up and highlight and make my own. So for me to have read the whole thing electronically is huge. That alone should tell you that you need to order it!
I’m currently working my way through it a second time now that I have the physical copy on hand! One of my favorite features of the book are the questions Rebekah has included at the end of every chapter! Ya’ll know I love some self-reflection. I love having the chance to sit still for a moment and process what the Lord is teaching me as I read.
A little more from the book website:
Christ doesn’t say you can be or may be or will be free. He says you are free.
Dare you believe it?
In You Are Free, Rebekah invites you to:
• Overcome the exhaustion of meeting others’ expectations and rest in the joy of God’s freedom.
• Release stress and anxiety to uncover the peace that comes from abiding in God’s presence.
• Find permission to grieve past disappointments and find strength in your journey toward healing.
• Throw off self-condemnation, masks of perfection, and step boldly into God’s purpose for you.
• Discover the courage to begin again and use your newfound freedom to set others free.
Freedom is for everyone who wants it—the lost, the wounded, and those weary from striving. It’s for those who gave up trying years ago. It’s for those who are angry and hurt, brilliant and burnt by the Christian song and dance. You are the church, the people of God. You were meant to be free.
This beauty of a book releases this coming Tuesday, February 21st! The good news is you still have time to preorder and claim some seriously awesome free goodies like this House of Belonging print!
Don’t wait! Preorder and head over to the You Are Free website to claim your freebies! (I mean, seriously. It was Valentine’s Day this week. #TreatYoSelf, friends!)
Well, that wraps up today’s It’s Friday I’m in Love post! Don’t forget to chime in and let me know all about your latest favorites!